You Have Choices…We Have You Covered.
1.) Are you 65 or older and/or eligible for Medicare?
2.) Are you turning 65 this year or on disability?
3.) Do you know someone that is 65 or older who is becoming eligible for
Duncan Financial Group is proud to announce that we offer a variety of Medicare products to help you navigate the obstacles of the Medicare system.
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans
- Part D Prescription Drug Plans
When Are Medicare Enrollment Periods?
There are several times when you can enroll in Medicare, and each of those times has certain rules around applying and when your coverage will begin. Understanding when you can enroll and the best time to do so is an integral part of getting your Medicare.
Initial Enrollment Period
The Initial Enrollment Period (IEP) is the first time you can sign up for Medicare. You may join Medicare Parts A, B, C and D during this time:
- The 3 months before your 65th birthday,
- The month of your birthday, and
- The 3 months after your birthday.
For 2017 Medicare coverage, open enrollment is in the fall of 2016, from October 15 to December 7.
During this annual enrollment period (AEP) you can make changes to various aspects of your coverage.
- You can switch from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage, or vice versa.
- You can also switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another, or from one Medicare Part D (prescription drug) plan to another.
- And if you didn’t enroll in a Medicare Part D plan when you were first eligible, you can do so during the general open enrollment, although a late enrollment penalty may apply.
You can find additional information at https://www.medicare.gov.