As part of the revitalization efforts of the Lamp Theatre, volunteers are needed to help pour concrete this Saturday! The past few weeks have been spent digging, reinforcing, filling and leveling in preparation for this BIG event!
The committee is asking for ALL HANDS ON DECK on Saturday, Oct. 11, beginning at 7 AM.
If you have experience with this type of work, your skills are needed and very much appreciated! They will be pouring approximately 50 yards of concrete in the orchestra pit, stadium seating area and bathrooms.
If you don’t experience but are willing and able to shovel, push and wheelbarrow, your help is greatly appreciated! Volunteers are also needed to support the finishers, clean tools, and clean debris out of the basement.
What should you bring?
- Bring your finishing tools. You might need them all or you might not.
- The day will start in the concession area to take inventory and create a game plan.
- And, don’t forget your concrete boots!
If you are excited to help, but are a concrete novice like many of the volunteers, check out this site for some interesting insight and valuable tips: http://www.askthebuilder.com/pouring-concrete/
And don’t worry. There will be some pros on hand to make sure everything goes smoothly!
If you are planning to volunteer at the Lamp for the first time this Saturday, here are a few things you should know:
- You are encouraged to bring your own hand tools and a tool belt.
- Safety glasses, gloves, dust masks, and some basic tools will be provided.
- Hard hats are not required, but you can bring your own if you like.
- Bottled water & snacks will also be provided.
- At this point, the Lamp is an active construction area; so children are not permitted.
Check out the newest Lamp Brochure 10-2014.
Visit the Relight the Lamp Website at http://relightthelamp.org/about/.