College is a big investment. It is estimated that a child born today can expect to pay more than $212,268 for four years at a public college and more than twice that amount at a private school.*
Various strategies are available to help reduce the cost and make it more affordable. Any pre-planning and saving you can do, regardless of your child’s age, is highly recommended.
*Cost of four-year college education including tuition, fees, room, and board. The estimated growth rate of 4.8 percent. Source: The College Board, 2012-2013.
We can discuss the following items to determine what strategy is best for your family:
- Your family’s financial resources
- The cost of the colleges your child is considering
- Your child’s academic profile
- Your child’s eligibility for financial aid
- Your eligibility for tax aid