The Role of the Professional Financial Advisor
At Duncan Financial Group, we believe professional financial advisors offer investors valuable insight into the factors that affect the economy and ultimately the stock market. An advisor has the knowledge and experience, in both up and down markets, as well as the time and personal attention to develop a specific investment plan to meet your needs. With the insight gained from your relationship with an advisor, you can make more informed investment decisions which will help you reach your financial goals.
What should you expect from a Financial Advisor?
According to the Forum for Investor Advice, an organization that supports the role of the professional financial advisor, investors should expect an advisor to:
- Understand individual financial needs and help an investor formulate long-term investment goals and objectives
- Help an investor develop realistic expectations by discussing the risks and rewards of investing
- Match an individual’s goals and objectives with appropriate mutual funds
- Continually monitor the individual’s mutual fund portfolio
- Conduct regular reviews of an investor’s financial status to ensure proper positioning of the mutual fund portfolio
- Help an investor “stay the course” of a long-term investment program