January Employee of the Month: Alizabeth LengJanuary 22, 2019
The Benefits of a Business Continuity PlanJanuary 23, 2019
While the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) requires organizations with over 11 employees to document serious work-related injuries and illnesses, recent legislation requires many employers to submit this information to OSHA electronically via Form 300A.
Effective January 1, 2017 OSHA Form 300A data for the 2018 calendar year must be electronically submitted by March 2, 2019.
What is OSHA’s Form 300A?
OSHA Form 300A, is a detailed list of all work related injuries and illnesses from the previous calendar year. This form helps employers, workers, and OSHA track workplace safety and guide regulations regarding industry hazards. The objective of the new electronic submission is to better protect workers, generate industry safety standards and reduce occupational hazards, preventing future workplace injuries.
Who Has to Submit OSHA’s Form 300A?
The Electronic Injury Reporting and Anti-Retaliation final rule requires the submission of information from the 2018 OSHA Form 300A (Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses) for the following businesses:
- Businesses with 20-249 employees in certain high-risk industries. A list of those high-risk industries is available here.
- All businesses with 250 or more employees, at any time during 2018, covered by OSHA’s recordkeeping requirements.
How Can You Submit Your Company’s Form 300A?
OSHA provides three options for data submission:
- The first enables users to manually enter data.
- The second allows employers to upload a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file to process single or multiple establishments at the same time.
- Lastly, an application programming interface will allow users to sync automated recordkeeping systems directly to the platform.
What Can You Do If You Need Help?
If you are in need of assistance with OSHA reporting or the OSHA Form 300A, you can visit https://www.osha.gov/recordkeeping/ or contact an Insurance & Risk Advisor at Duncan Financial Group for guidance and support.